- This question talks about the ambiguities of jcl - Job Control Language, Jakarta Commons Logging, Java Constraints Library, JEDI Code Library
- This question talks about the ambiguities of free - free() as in malloc(), free as in beer, etc.
- at as in the linux scheduler, the windows scheduler, and many others
- .net - as in the framework or the internet <- mistagging on SO
- xp - Windows XP, Extreme Programming, etc.
- jwt - JSON Web Token or Java Web Toolkit
Certain tags can, especially by new users, be misinterpreted. Some, especially the acronyms, have several relevant meanings.
Possible Solution #1: When tags are added to a question, there is already a tag suggestion feature (which I can't seem to capture via Shutter. drat.).
When you type in "jcl" into the tags you only see jcl. Could this list be augmented to include a list of possible ambiguities. Similar in purpose to the Wikipedia Disambiguation feature, we could provide:
.net <- This one grayed out
Possible Ambiguity, please select from the following tags to be more specific
.net - a software framework for the Microsoft Windows operating system...
internet - Global system of interconnected computer networks serving billions of users worldwide...
Possible Solution #2: or perhaps something much less dramatic, just including these ambiguities in the tag auto-completed options:
User types in "net" and sees:
even though the word "internet" doesn't start with 'net'.