While trying to edit a tag wiki excerpt, I encountered the page not found issue.
Here are the steps that I performed:
- Clicked on Tags
- Clicked on the name tab
- Clicked edit link under the tag .ajax. Refer screenshot #1.
- Encountered the Page not found error message. Refer screenshot #2.
- I thought that error must have to do with the period (dot) in the tag name. So, I tried to edit the tag .app and I didn't encounter any error message. Refer screenshot #3.
- When I clicked the tag .ajax, the browser URI looked as shown in screenshot #4. The id value is being passed as -1.
- When I clicked the tag .app, the browser URI looked as shown in screenshot #5.
It seems that the error happens to tags that don't have any questions. .avi, .bat are some of the tags that have the same issue. The error happens only while clicking the edit link on the page shown in screenshot #1. Even though tags page doesn't show any count against these tags, clicking on the tags leads to a page with full of questions but on closer inspection they seem to lead to a slightly altered version of the tag.
.ajax leads to tag ajax without a period (dot)
.avi leads to tag avi without a period (dot)
.bat leads to tag batch-file
#1: Steps to click tag wiki excerpt link
#2: Page not found error while editing tag .ajax
#3: No error while editing tag .ajax
#4: Edit uri for tag .ajax
#5: Edit uri for tag .app