How do comment @replies work?
- I view a post. (Say this one for example)
- I see a comment below by kiamlaluno --
What is the topic, exactly?
- I believe I know the answer. I start composing my response.
- But waffles was faster and responds first.
- Without refreshing, I respond to kiamlaluno without explicitly naming @kia:
I think I know what this question is about...
Now I see:
If it does notify waffles instead, could this be changed or should I always explicitly name the user I'm responding to?
This edited question isn't quite what i mean (will keep it though as it's related)
I know that if i comment after a single person comments on a post they get notified. What i'm asking is if i load the page before that comment has been made, will it still notify them (even though from my perspective there is no comment)?