What tag should be used to describe hash objects in Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails? Currently, it is hash. Should it be:
- hash: 2,597 questions overall, by far the most common term in Ruby, being used 392 times. However, I suspect it's the wrong tag, as it's described as "... mathematical function that converts a large, possibly variable-sized amount of data into a small datum".
- dictionary: 2,559 questions overall, 10 uses with Ruby. Described as "... a collection of keys and values allowing efficient value lookup given the key."
- hashmap: 770 questions overall, 7 uses with Ruby. No wiki yet.
- hashtable: 704 questions overall, 9 uses with Ruby. Described as "... a collection that uses a hash function to map identifying values (keys) to their associated values."
- hashes: 52 questions overall, 11 uses with Ruby. No wiki yet.