Can we have the ability to rescind a close vote before it closes?
On Stack Overflow I have enough reputation to cast close/reopen votes, now I've noticed that it's impossible to change or remove your vote, even if the question have been edited.
Consider the following example:
- User asks a vague question.
- I cast a close vote
- User then edits the question
- I want to remove my vote but can't.
Or a different one,
- User asks a question which I think is a duplicate of another question
- I cast a close vote stating that
- User edits the question or clarifies a different situation then what I have initially precieved
- removing (or changing to a different question) is impossible.
I know that in theory if the user edits, no further close votes will be cast, and the question will eventually not be closed, however that's not always the case, and it does waste my flags for nothing, which isn't very nice.
Your thoughts on that?