I and my friend used to ask programming questions on Stack Overflow, until we saw that 90% of our questions have at least 1 downvote and nobody cares to explain or at least give a clue why.
- Send mouse events to handle in C#?
- Would this kind of encryption be good at anything?
- Start program with a Scheduled Task on startup with C#?
- WebMatrix/IIS Express only works with Opera!
- Bootable program to format the internal HDD?
- And many more on Super User... (can't see up/down count there)
It seems to me like you're allowing this kind if mingebag-ish behavior on purpose.
Is it fun to click on a good question's vote count and see like +5/-3? Does it seem right to you?
It definitely doesn't seem right to me or my friend, who quit this website because of this.
Don't you think this must be stopped, possibly now?
You know, my problem here is that, when a question gets a downvote first (has overall negative reputation), it ceases to get views and thus less chances to get an answer.
I came to stack overflow to get answers on my questions, not to have their quality or reason questioned.