I argued for windows-8 on SO months ago and created it. With the rush of questions during and after //build/ I now have Taxonomist. But a number of things were announced at //build/ that were secrets before and there is a rush of tagging going on. Some is good, some is not. I am retagging what I see but would like some opinions. I have seen
- visual-studio-11 ok
- visual-studio-2011 very definitely NOT ok. It is just a fluke that Visual Studio 10 was released in 2010 - VS9 was in 2008. We don't officially know whether VS11 will be in 2011 or 2012 but I would be very surprised if it was this year.
- winrt ok
- c++-cx ok
- metro (164 questions; not all are Windows 8) and metro-ui (not ambiguous but only 9 questions used it) we should pick one
- windows-8 ok
- windows-8-preview as opposed to what? pointless imo
- prerelease feels like those "year" tags where people would make visual-studio 2010 - am I right? I've been deleting the tag where I see it.
- c#-5.0 - should it be 5.0 or just 5?
There may be more. Can we look a little organized here?