I am trying to search for questions that:
- Have no answers at all (so the Unanswered Questions tab doesn't do what I want, as it shows questions with no Accepted answer)
- Have been upvoted, so there are people interested in the question
- The system will allow to be answered
A Stack Overflow search for 'answers:0 closed:0 votes:10' seemed promising, and currently gives 15 hits.
However, almost all of them contain "this question was merged with..."
How can I adjust the above query to exclude questions that have been merged with other questions?
- I have read the Search Options page, and am aware of how to search for closed and migrated questions: this is specifically about merged ones.)
- I've also tried searching for body:"this question was merged with". Not surprisingly, this didn't find the kinds of questions I'm wanting to exclude, as I presume that the "this question was merged with..." text is added programatically.
- I've seen this Merged questions still show up in the Unanswered list, which is great, but I'm not searching the Unanswered page. If I knew how to combine the "Unanswered" page with
answers:0 closed:0 votes:10it would probably do the trick.
It's actually this search that I'm trying to emulate - the search terms are the same as my link above, but the "newest" page is selected, allowing the newest popular, unanswered questions to be viewed first.
I just added a separate question, suggesting a new advanced search facility:
merged:0 (and its counterpart