Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Possible Duplicate:
Vote too old to be changed, unless post is edited “problem”

I made a downvote on an answer because I felt that the answer was outside the scope of the question, but after a few comments, my opinion was changed.
I would like to retract my downvote, but I can't because it says that the answer must be edited.

Is there a way to change my vote?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Lance Roberts, Kevin Vermeer, jonsca, Sathya, kiamlaluno Nov 2 '11 at 7:35

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 3 down vote accepted

Yes, make a (suggested) edit, or post a comment wherein you ask the answerer to make a minor edit so that you can remove the downvote.

share|improve this answer
noted. Thank you! – ewok Nov 1 '11 at 20:07

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .