Now that the Stack Exchange network of sites is rapidly expanding, it would be nice to be able to disassociate a single (or multiple) SE sites from your Stack Exchange profile -- ideally to partition your global profile into sub-profiles.
As an example, some sites may be related to your professional career and you wouldn't necessarily want your questions/answers on other (hobby, personal) SE sites to be reflected in your public profile (e.g. if you share a link to a programming question that you posted to your work colleagues).
Is there a way to do this? As far as I can see you can only disassociate ALL sites, or associate ALL sites, but there is nothing in between.
Ideally I would like to see the following:
- Use the same Open ID on all sites
- Share the same global inbox across all sites
- Provide fine tuning of how your accounts are associated, e.g.:
- IT-related (Stack Overflow, Server Fault, Super User, ...)
- Hobby-related (Home brewing, Gardening, ...)
People who looked at your Stack Overflow profile could see that you are also a member of SF and SU, but not that you were a member of the hobby-related sites. Your hobby-related profiles would show no link with your IT-related profiles.