This question already has an answer here:
- Version tags reloaded 3 answers
Well, it seems as if there's no good way to put this (as this question has been asked before, but ... from the other side of the hill, if that makes sense). Basically, my question is not about tag creation, but about tag usage or even (god forbid, collective gasp) tag deletion.
Example comparisons: (delineated by spaces)
- Flex Flex4 Flex-4 Flex-4.5 Flex4.5 Flex4.5.1 Adobe-Flex
- Adobe-Flashbuilder Flashbuilder flash-builder
Also consider this dilemma / example:
- flash actionscript-3 flash-builder flashbuilder4 [aforementioned flex tags here]
I've found that the only way to get a question regarding Flex to be answered, is to tag it with the following:
Flex Flex4.5 f lash-builder [actual topic of question]
Generally Accepted Problems
- Version Tags:
- makes "favourite" and "ignored" tags almost useless. Unless you only know a specific "version" of that programming language (?)
- gives the question significantly less exposure if the author (in the spirit of not duplicating tags) only uses the language specific tag.
Unfortunately, the only solution I can see at the moment is that if versions were (somehow) sub-tags of the actual language tags. This solution would have serious implementation issues, but it's all I can think of.