I often find myself asking more questions about a topic that is new to me and many of the questions I have are already answered in other questions about that topic. Many of this existing knowledge base is already reachable through the tag(s) that relate to the topic.
It would be great, from a "learning a new technology area" standpoint if the tag information pages (tag wiki, tag FAQ, and tag votes) pages could be more visible from the Ask a Question screen.
Additional reasons why this would be useful:
- Help people that may not have a broad knowledge of a technology area broaden themselves
- It would also get more eyes on the tag wikis and possibly help them get better
- Encourage users to look at older posts and upvote the ones that they found useful to their learning process
- Serves to bring more useful content to the surface (it's a wonderful feeback loop)
- Also has the effect of reducing the number of duplicate questions, since people are all learning the same sorts of things
- It emphasizes that the HUGE body of content can almost become a curriculum, of sorts
I'm not really sure how to work this in, but one thought I had might be to surface tag info pages in a similar way to "Questions with Similar Titles". A side-bar location would be another place it could surface.