The tab order of line editing groups similar elements by type (e.g. post body, submit button) instead of post. Probably because this is how
tabindex works in HTML when you ignore the possibility of having multiple posts' editors visible simultaneously and assign the same index to all elements of the same type.
This is insane.
I sometimes abort editing one post but leave the editor open (and ignore it, I mean, why not? I can!). Then, when editing a different post, and tabbing e.g. from the description field to the submit button, some UI element of the other post's editor is focused!
Steps to reproduce
- You need 2k reputation or so, or have a symbol next to your user name.
- Go to a question with at least one answer.
- Click edit on the question.
- Decide the question is fine after all.
- Click edit on the answer.
- Pretend you changed something here and press
- Be confused by the tab order, which caused the browser to focus the question's tag list.
I assume this is a bug, because I just cannot imagine that someone thought this makes any sense.
Please fix the tab order by taking into account multiple open editors (i.e. don't start at
1 — or
81 — on every post), or just close one editor when opening another one.