Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Possible Duplicate:
What if I want to reverse my vote?

With my reputation I can just vote up, not vote down.
By mistake I did vote up for some answer, after that I am not able to vote it down, or restore it to original state.
My friend is also facing similar issue.
If you vote down, it will be negative like '-1' and after if you vote up it will be '+1' not 0.
Is is programmed purposely?
I don't want to criticize anything or anyone, but I use this site daily, and it helps me a lot.
So I just want to make it better.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Arjan, jonsca, Mat, Shadow Wizard, Michael Petrotta Dec 27 '11 at 13:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Click the "Up" arrow again to remove the upvote. – Wesley Murch Dec 27 '11 at 12:05
@Arjun , Yes its half of my asked question.Thanks. – Debugger Dec 27 '11 at 12:10
There should always be just one question in a Q on a Q&A site, Debugger. – Arjan Dec 27 '11 at 12:15

After some time expired, up- and down- votes are intentionally "locked" no matter what rep you have - such are rules of the game so to speak.

The way to "tweak the system" is to edit the question/answer ("suggest an edit" in your case) - this "unlocks" the question and you can update your voting decision on it.

share|improve this answer
Thank you.It was really helpful. – Debugger Dec 27 '11 at 12:11
@Debugger you are welcome – gnat Dec 27 '11 at 13:50

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .