A recent question highlighted a common issue with close reasons. In this case, the question was closed because the OP flagged that he was mistaken and his code worked.
There aren't any choices that exactly match this situation. In fact, there are many reasons to close that aren't covered by a single option. This results in drama; not so much in this example (a good Meta question was the only result), but much butt could have and has been hurt in similar situations.
I'd suggest that a further close reason be given which combines closure with a custom post notice.
would create a close reason
- Yes, it is probably not a good idea to allow anyone who can close to access this, so it should be available to mods and perhaps 10k+ users
- Yes, I know you can close and then add a post notice, but this is a multistep process and is less clear
- I know that deletion would have been an option in this case; its just a recent example of this issue rearing its head and deletion isn't always the best option in all cases
- I know that in similar cases the OP should be encouraged to answer their own question, but that doesn't even fit in this case; his answer would have most likely been NAA
- Yes, you should probably include a swag filter
- No, nothing is wrong with "Too Localized". This is only an issue when no close reason matches why a question was closed and using one of the canned reasons may result in controversy.