Spawned from here: Community split between SO and project mailinglist/IRC channel
The basic idea is to be able to attach "resources" or links to a tag which will then be shown in the moment the user chooses that tag. Here, let me draw you some ugly mock-ups:
The benefit of this is that users can be more efficiently be guided to Bug-Trackers, official documentation and other stuff.
- Project maintainers can more efficiently channel their SE audience.
- Some Off-Topic and Not-So-Fitting questions (Bug reports f.e.) are taken away from SE.
- The possibility that we teach people something (because they'll visit those links) rises.
- Those need to be displayed somewhere/somehow. My mockup might not be the best idea.
- Those need to be maintained, but I think this will work like the tag wikis do.
Another idea might be to make the tag-wikis more visible and easier to find...but I have no idea how to do that.