In the waning days of 2011, when I was nigh upon the threshold of 2000 reputation points on SO, I had an interesting experience. I debated with myself about even posting this but, heck, why not share a bit of amusement...
Truth be told, the evening before I crossed the 2000-point mark I dreamed about it. I dreamed that I got up that morning and, as I do on occasion, I logged in to SO to check the latest questions and saw that, yes, I had made it across the 2K threshold! So I patted myself on the back, relished the moment with a satisfactory grin... and then went on about my business. When I later woke up... I did pretty much the same thing.
My questions surrounding this surreal event are many:
- Is that all there is?
- Is this as good as it gets?
- Am I worthy to wield this newly bestowed power (the power to edit posts) ?
- Should I just put it behind me and go answer another question?
- Do androids really dream of electric sheep?
- Do I need to "get a life"?
“Ah, Bartleby! Ah, humanity!”