A question asked in all caps is either:
- A dump of code with no context
- The product of an idiot typing on the Internet
- A malfunctioning WOPR with a TCP/IP stack that someone forgot to turn off 20 years ago
- A future April 1 day prank when all your posts are shown in all caps, but only to you
- Something else we probably don't want
I agree that it's something that the quality filters should be keeping out. I don't think it would interfere with people asking normal questions with code snippets.
I don't think we could keep the other variety out as easily:
I have a doubt on multiplying doubles.
... code code code
PLS HELP ME ASAP THIS IS URGANT!!!!
.. But hopefully ALL CAPS won't grace the database in the near future :)
As for all lowercase, I'm on the fence. I have seen quite a few all caps questions, but not many written in all lowercase. Additionally, posts in all caps require editing every single character, while changing
I and correctly casing proper nouns is a bit less taxing.
Note, I did say all lowercase and new users often don't apply correct formatting. Plus, we have a mobile site. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't know how I feel about it yet.