What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 150 Stack Exchange communities.

Basically I have a computer troubleshooting question.

I could wander over to TomsHardware but hey... I like you guys.

Stack Overflow doesn't seem quite right. Server Fault could work, but I'm not sure.

SuperUser could fit, too, but it's hard to say.

Where should I ask it?

share|improve this question
We love you too. – casperOne Feb 14 '12 at 16:29
You should give some more information what kind of troubleshooting question it is. Is it hardware, software, etc? – casperOne Feb 14 '12 at 16:30
What is your question? Post it here, and we'll tell you where it'd fit. :-) – Rocket Hazmat Feb 14 '12 at 16:38
Superuser unless it's a programming probem (can be solved by code) or if the problem is occurring in a production server environment. – Adam Davis Feb 14 '12 at 16:39
Super User would be my first guess. Check their FAQ. – mmyers Feb 14 '12 at 16:39
Sounds like you should ask Super User (most "general" problems fit there) and it'll be migrated otherwise. – Ben Brocka Feb 14 '12 at 17:06
Ooo, an unanswered question! Oh, no; three people just answered it in comments instead – Michael Mrozek Feb 14 '12 at 17:51

1 Answer 1

up vote 6 down vote accepted

Super User is the site you want.

From the FAQ:

Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have a question about ...

  • computer hardware
  • computer software
  • personal and home computer networking
share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .