Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 157 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

The following whitespace tags should all be synonymized/merged:

× 757
× 219
× 66

The following should be considered:

× 303
× 155

These two tags tend to allude to spacing between HTML elements, or objects whether it be related to graphics or otherwise. Most often when tagged along with CSS or HTML, it is meant to refer to either padding or margin, depending on context. In most other cases, these two are use meta-like. I think (which in a few cases is also used to refer to outer space) should be synonymized, and should be destroyed to avoid confusion, as it is a very general term that applies to a very wide range of things.

Also, we could possibly consider these two:

× 23
× 13

These tags appear a bit meta-like and should be explained in the context of the post. It's not really a good "category" in terms of tags. It should be a synonym so that it doesn't get recreated later.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by CRABOLO, gnat, Ilmari Karonen, Doorknob, 3ventic Jan 12 '15 at 23:15

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question pertains only to a specific site in the Stack Exchange Network. Questions on Meta Stack Exchange should pertain to our network or software that drives it as a whole, within the guidelines defined in the help center. You should ask this question on the meta site where your concern originated." – CRABOLO, gnat, Ilmari Karonen, Doorknob, 3ventic
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I'd see whitespace and html-spacing as the major tags, with nbsp destroyed. I don't think it should be synonymized as it's not clear anything matches, and it can be blacklisted if it needs to be prevented from coming back. – Matthew Read Feb 19 '12 at 3:51
So much whitespace. Gotta see it all. – Ben Brocka Feb 19 '12 at 5:00
Some of those nbsp questions might be good candidates for html-entities instead. – Charles Feb 19 '12 at 5:19