Would it be possible to have a “community accepted” feature?
Would it be better if SO use Percentage rather than vote count for the Answer?
Example: 80 agree and 20 disagree than the percentage of the answer will be 80%.
- The community would know how much is the rate of acceptance from that answer.
- If it is based only on the vote count, we all didn't know how many person disagree with it. We only know the total count
- By using percentage, Everybody know what that value means. Therefore No More FIX ACCEPT of an answer. Because There's no fix answer to that question. Who knows another good question may pop in the future. Agree?
Because of that changes, Some adeptation need to be made. Especially:
- The user reputation is also must be computed in real time. User reputation now will depends on the previous acceptance rate multiply by the number of Vote or something like that.
- But Some drawback perhaps is the Performance, But I believe computation nowadays is cheap.
What do you think?
This is just a suggestion :-)