I'm a somewhat regular user of Stack Overflow. Recently, I opened accounts on the Meta and Programmers sites. I linked my accounts, and the new accounts were each given a reputation bonus (which I believe is the expected behaviour when an experienced Stack Overflow user creates new accounts on other sites).
Visting the headers on all three sites reports my reputation as
- 3380 on StackOverflow
- 101 on Meta
- 101 on Programmers
However, when I visit my profile pages on the sites, the reputations listed in the "Accounts" don't always match these values:
- Each site reports the correct reputation for itself.
- Each site reports the correct reputation for Stack Overflow.
- Meta reports that my Programmers reputation is 1.
- Programmers reports that my Meta reputation is 1.
Could this be a bug?
The accounts section for my profile on Stack Overflow:
And for my profile on Meta:
And for my profile on Programmers:
I don't think this is a caching issue because:
- It's been this way for quite some time (over a week).
- The other sites are updating changes to my Stack Overflow reputation fairly quickly.
- When I earned a badge on meta, it propagated to the other sites quickly — I'd assume that badges and reputation are probably cached together.
Creating this question has earned me reputation on Meta. My Meta reputation is now reported consistently (121 at the moment) across all three sites.