Situation & Problem with it
As I spent a lot of time answering Qs (500+ so far), I often stumble upon my own answers, when searching for something here on WPSE. Sometimes I come to answers that are older than a year and I think …
»Hey, I now know more, let's edit the answer.«
… and I do it. Normally this then is the 3rd, 4th, or even later edit, as I revisit answers I gave and rework or add to them when I find stuff that can be improved.
Sadly I already hit the number of 10+ edits on some of my higher voted answers as for example the one about activation/deactivation/uninstall for plugins. If I'd now find some more improvements, I have to stay back and leave it as it is, as it would automatically be converted to a community wiki. Even if no other user participated and improved my answer.
- feel that I'm a one person community.
- want to loose rep points as the way to the max of privileges will just be much longer 1).
- understand that there has to be some mechanism to convert Qs to a community wiki.
- want to have community wikis on the site.
Actually a community is more than one person. If I'm improving an answer, than I'm improving a source for the community. IMHO this isn't what a community wiki is about. A community wiki should be something the community works on, instead of something that was worked on for the community.
What I'd really love to see is that the answer/question does only get converted when the community participated on improving (like we have it for - for e.g. - close votes). So could we please have an automatism that converts on 5 users who edited the answer/question? Please! Thanks.
1) Not having privileges means to me that I'm locked out from being more helpful for the community and making it easier for us all to keep the site a/the wp resource in the web.