Is the revamp of Stack Exchange and realtime update of questions related to any social/marketing plans of Stack Exchange and to an extent CHAOS (External Relations) work? Did the previous page layout prove not be beneficial to users?
moguzalp* and maybe others have noticed a modernization to Stack Exchange which maybe a bit too agressive for those who are conservative.
Changes over the last year
- CHAOS team
- Facebook and Twitter Stack Exchange pages
- Art Director
- Google+ sharing replaced LinkedIn sharing.
- The sharing buttons are shown on the trilogy in addition to the SE 2.0 sites
- Stack Exchange home page revamp
- Realtime update of questions
To some users it seem that these feature changes are pushed out under bias as opposed to requests that may or may not improve the functionality and user experience of the SE engine.
* I wanted to do a heroic edit on http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/123836/stack-exchange-is-going-to-be-new-kind-of-facebook-do-we-need-it but the vote flood was too strong