You can follow development progress on Twitter: @stack_o_bar
There's a Google Groups in place for discussion.
- The StackOverflow Bar has been accepted into the public as of 24 April 2009.
- I finally caved in to some suggestions about posting the code and created a project on Assembla:
StackOverflow Bar on Assembla.com
With this project I have included a ticket system. I was too busy to host it myself anyway. Please use the facilities provided to give me some feedback.
This bar is a search bar and offers quick access to some of the areas of SO:
- One button to access the home page.
- A search box, with history, to search Stack Overflow.
- A button to access the "Ask Question" link.
- 6 buttons to access "Newest", "Hot", "Votes", "Active", "Unanswered" and "User" areas.
Please get the StackOverflow Bar:
I've began to setup the Bar's site and I've also created a Google Groups List (StackOverflow Bar) where we can initiate our discussions about this bar.
Both are quite in the beginning so please be gentle on the comments.
- Add notification with API calls.
- Correct common typos on the variations of "Stack Overflow".
- Implement a drop-down on buttons with the top 5 entries on that SO area.