This might sound strange, but at a few occasions I've felt the need to be able to flag my own comments.
I give you the following example:
Do you mention anything I didn't mention in my answer? Perhaps V2C? I have no idea what that means, and meta search doesn't show up anything. – Steven Jeuris Oct 1 '11 at 14:42
You're feeling very negative today, it seems. – Donal Fellows Oct 1 '11 at 19:36
Clearly I was in a bad mood when I wrote that, and I should have expressed myself better. I'm human, that can happen. I now feel it would be better for both those comments to be deleted.
My current options
- Delete my own comment and flag the other: deleting my own context would remove the context for the moderator. I imagine it makes moderating the flag more difficult.
- Delete my own comment and apologize in a new one (no flags): the comment thread gets broken.
- Leave it as is: I don't see how leaving those comments around is helpful at all.
- Add a new comment: This would lengthen an unnecessary comment thread.
What I want to do
- Flag my own comment.
- Optionally after the comments were removed, and I see merit in the argument I was raising, mentioning it in a more polite way.