Why is this limit there? (Jeff just says here that he won't increase the limit.)
Some users have cases where they need to ask a few separate questions. And also if they are related, I thought that it is a good policy to try to post separate questions separately as much as possible (e.g. as discussed here).
So I asked these questions:
- Autogenerate MSVC import library (LIB-file) from a DLL
- Crash when calling gd function
- Homebrew/apt-get/Portage or similar for Windows (10k only)
- How to get MSVC compiler messages in English (10k only)
- MSVC fails with compiler errors without compiling any sources
- MSVC and boost::lambda::bind error: T0: standard-argment not allowed
And I have some more (mostly unrelated) questions to ask.
I think it is quite common to have many questions when you enter a new area (in my case Windows+MSVC).
A related discussion is on the Help Vampires post. Most people are saying there that too many questions are not a problem.
Another related discussion (evolved from the answers here) is how much research should be done before asking a question.
In any case, I think all of my questions are of value to the community and I would like to put some more questions on SO. And I don't really see why that is bad for SO.
Maybe the limit should be dependent on reputation? Or completely absent at some reputation limit?