Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

My wife's smart phone ( android ) charging port is broken, I don't have any insurance on the phone.

The carrier is Sprint, what is my best option? It's been 7 months since using that phone.

I am thinking I should terminate the line and get a new line, but I see that the termination fee for the advanced phones is 350$. So, I am wondering what options do I have?

Where can I ask this question?

share|improve this question
If you have a spare phone laying around, most companies will let you switch out phones on the same contract. They only make you sign new contracts to get the major discounts. If you have a spare or can find a different one for cheap, you can most likely take it in and have them activate that one and deactivate the old one. – animuson May 2 '12 at 4:14
@animuson Thank you! I will try that. I have a spare phone with me. – user179895 May 2 '12 at 15:28
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Android Enthusiasts is the place to go for Android questions.

However, data plans and carrier-specific stuff is off-topic there. So it doesn't look like your question fits on any of the sites in the Stack Exchange network.

So, I am wondering what options do I have?

It sounds like this is a question that you should ask your cell phone carrier. Their customer service line is there to, well, service the customer (or at least to sell them things, and you're in the market to buy).

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.