I think I know why this is happening, but not sure how to fix it.
- I first created a skeptics exchange account with an @live.com email address.
- I then created a stackoverflow account by logging in with my gmail openid, which associated the account with my @gmail.com email address
- I then deleted stackoverflow account (my intention was to link my accounts, and I hadn't realized my skeptics account was using my @live.com address).
- I then logged into skeptics, associated my current account (with the live.com email) with my gmail openid (my original intention)
- I then went back to stackoverflow and logged in with my gmail openID - so that I could link the two accounts.
- I got an error, and cannot login to stack overflow. I'm pretty sure it's because I now have a deleted account and a linked account both associated with the same openid.
I got an error message when I used the OpenID to create a Meta account as well, but after refreshing the page I was logged in. Still can't get into Stack Overflow, though.