Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

I had a question about why phone companies are doing away with unlimited data (whether there is actually a physical limit on how much data they send over their network), but I can't figure out where on Stack Exchange I would ask it.

Is there even a site for it right now? If so, which one? If not, what should I call the area51 proposal that I would start?

share|improve this question

At the bottom of the browser window you can see all of the different Stack Exchange sites (you probably already knew that) The closest thing that I can see would be electronics, but that probably wouldnt work.

Personally, I work in telecom and know that the operators have started losing money with the "all you can eat" data plans, since users (you and I included :) ) have started getting carried away with it. Also, there is something called tethering, whereby you can connect a PC to your mobile phone and use its for data transfer, which can be a much higher data rate than expected from mobiles. I think also lately that many operators have started trying to detect that and prohibit it.

I know my answer got a bit off-topic, but I dont think there is anything else available on Stack Exchange to answer your question. Maybe you could call a new Area 51 site Telephony

share|improve this answer
There already was one but interestingly enough, it was closed as a duplicate of Server Fault. Maybe I can ask it there.... – Ephraim May 17 '12 at 16:34
just found this, I guess I'll try asking it on Server Fault – Ephraim May 17 '12 at 16:38
@Ephraim, Did you see the first answer? He mentions the following, which may discard you or your question :( (it must be a business-related system, they must be the person in charge of such system, etc) – Brady May 17 '12 at 16:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .