Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

I've just had a Q closed for being a duplicate. While I don't dispute the close, I actually think the answers I got were better than on the original.

Is there anyway they can be moved across?

share|improve this question
It's called merging; you can flag for mod attention and ask them to do it – Michael Mrozek Jun 19 '12 at 23:34
I'd read other Qs on here saying it needed a mod to do it but hadn't realised flagging was the way to go. Thanks – Basic Jun 19 '12 at 23:35
A bad thing with merging (possibly I am thinking of questions closed as exact duplicates of) is new questions merged with old questions with no answers. Meaning, a much much lower probability to get a response in due time. – r4. Jun 19 '12 at 23:55

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .