I agree with you aF, but I propose another solution, because:
- Reviewing is important to keep the quality of questions and answers high.
- As far as I know, the button only appears for pending edits, not reopen, close, first questions, late answers etc. (at least for user with less than 10k rep as myself).
My two cents:
Keep the button, but:
- When you have reviewed 20 edits, don't show pending edits, but rather pending First Questions
- When you have reviewed 20 first questions, show pending Reopen-votes
- Continue down the line
- Regarding Close Votes: I can't really make up my mind. Everyone knows the queue is growing every day and that something should be done about it, but showing an orange button with "105k reviews pending" is not necessarily a good idea.
I also propose not showing the button all the time, but rather:
- After 10 (or something else) minutes on SO, show the button for the first time. If the user hits the button and do reviews, wait another 10 minutes, then:
- Show the button again
(I know it's not shown all the time now, as there aren't always pending edits).
Agree / disagree?