There are many POSTs over SO wherein the comments are like:
- Do you see the AJAX request going?
- Which URL it is hitting? What are the request headers? The response headers?
- Are you sure the you are getting the response in the format you are expecting. Check the
responseTextof the request. Use chrome's debugger for this purpose (or firebug if on FF).
- Can you access it in the first place? Can you use
curl -vand check if it works that way?
I think to have a question/answer would be a good resource to have over this community. (It would be Community wiki -- no reputation change intended). I hope that the answer will be a good post to link to in most AJAX related problems.
- Can I write such a post (because to me, it feels a bit stupid to write and question and answer then and there)? Is that question/topic within the bounds of SO?
- I plan put in the general steps (with the screenshots). I hope it is improved by people better than me. I also plan to hint upon the structure of HTTP..