What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 131 Stack Exchange communities.

Possible Duplicate:
Markdown handles inline bold text (within a word) incorrectly

I'm trying to use the following Markdown to make just the "Overflow" part of "StackOverflow Meta" bolded:

Stack**Overflow** Meta

But it creates the following instead:

Stack**Overflow** Meta


share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by KennyTM, Mark Trapp, Shadow Wizard, Tim Stone, BoltClock's a Unicorn Jul 22 '12 at 9:32

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Stack Overflow , give a space after Stack word –  Lucifer Jul 22 '12 at 8:04
@Lucifer: I do not want that space, I want them stay together. –  UniMouS Jul 22 '12 at 8:06
Stack<b>Overflow</b> will work in a question/answer. –  Fabrício Matté Jul 22 '12 at 8:07
While this is a general problem (covered by KennyTM's link), note the name of the site, and by how it should be referred, is "Stack Overflow", not "StackOverflow" regardless of how you format "Overflow". –  user149432 Jul 22 '12 at 8:19

3 Answers 3

Use HTML. Markdown requires a space before the **.



Alternatively you could abuse Unicode 😜

  • π–²π—π–Ίπ–Όπ—„π—’π˜ƒπ—²π—Ώπ—³π—Ήπ—Όπ˜„
  • Stack𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐟π₯𝐨𝐰
share|improve this answer

Or you can use zero-width space.


Zero-width space doesn't work in comment, though.

share|improve this answer
What's Zero-width space? –  UniMouS Jul 22 '12 at 8:13
Just a Unicode character - it is space, but you won't see the space. You can hit edit on my post and try using arrow to navigate around the text: At the character k, you will need to press arrow 2 times to get to * of the bold formatting. This is 90% joke/troll and 10% answer. –  nhahtdh Jul 22 '12 at 8:15
I tested before - doesn't work in comment: Stack​**Overflow**. You can confirm by copy, paste this comment into a text editor and navigate around. –  nhahtdh Jul 22 '12 at 8:18

Well,you need to do like this: Stack **Overflow**


Stack Overflow

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .