- What if we don't use our Stack Overflow account for more than e.g. six months?
- Will the account be deleted?
- Can we change the password of the account that is getting login through a gmail account?
What is meta?
- Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
- The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
- Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates
Old inactive accounts are culled as detailed in blog:
but the rules are quite strict, so if you've done something on the site your account won't get automatically deleted.
As far as I know these rules have not changed.
Nothing will happen to an "inactive" account.
When you login through OpenID your Stack Exchange account doesn't have a password, the only password you could change is the one of e.g. your Google account if you used the Google OpenID to log in.
If you used the Stack Exchange OpenID provider, you can change your password on its website.