Recently there has been a focus on trying to make sure that comments are friendly. Out of my own personal curiosity I started taking a look through new questions with downvotes and quickly found plenty of examples (all of these have since been deleted)
- You're asking us for help with a regex that's not giving the results you want, and you haven't shown us the regex. You're expecting a miracle.
- You should also work on your acceptance rate. Do you know you are encouraged to accept an answer on your questions? You have not done that once yet.
- This is neither English, nor a quesiton.
Obviously this is subjective - none of these comments are "offensive" and in most cases the commenters are actually trying to be helpful, however (in my mind at least) all of them have at least a slight tone of unfriendliness and go against the principles of the "Summer of Love".
What should I do when I see a comment which I believe is unfriendly?
- Flag it as offensive (seems a bit over the top)
- Flag it for moderator attention
- Post a comment asking the people to be more friendly in the future (probably not such a great idea)
- Do nothing