Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Browsing through tags related to the representation of floating point numbers on SO I noticed a couple of tags which should presumably be merged and synonyms created:

I just wanted to raise the above points and see what the community thinks. I'm not really sure what the process for mass renaming/synonyms creation is.

Also, similar, but not actually related to floating point numbers are the tags , and . Presumably these should all be moved/mapped to ?

Update: So the CSS related tags have largely been sorted thanks to animuson. Does anyone have any suggestions for the floating point related tags?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Al E., Martijn Pieters, ProgramFOX, Shadow Wizard, Monica Cellio Sep 1 '14 at 18:03

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question pertains only to a specific site in the Stack Exchange Network. Questions on Meta Stack Exchange should pertain to our network or software that drives it as a whole, within the guidelines defined in the help center. You should ask this question on the meta site where your concern originated." – Al E., Martijn Pieters, ProgramFOX, Shadow Wizard, Monica Cellio
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

floated is dead, and all the floating questions also tagged with css have been retagged. Merging can't be done, as the very first question listed for that tag is related to Ubuntu stuff. – animuson Aug 10 '12 at 8:08