This is an incentive for new users to put some thought and effort into learning how the site works and how to be productive, before posting their first question.
There should be three badges for this, and a page describing the badges and how to get them should be prominently featured when a new user logs in for the first time. All of this is negotiable, obviously, but here are my off-the-cuff suggestions for the requirements:
The Novice Badge (Bronze)
- User is registered
- User post two questions with no closed posts and no deletions, and receives at least one answer to one of the questions.
The Apprentice Badge (Silver)
In addition to the Bronze Requirements:
- User posts three answers with no post deletions.
- User achieves 50 rep and posts their first comment with no flags.
The Professional badge (Gold)
In addition to the Silver Requirements:
- User achieves 100 rep with answers, with no post deletions.
- User raises accept rate above zero.
- User votes up three posts.
Badges should be retroactive.