As I've been cleaning up the tags on questions I've answered I've found several that have multiple meanings. Per @PopularDemand's answer here, I'll post a question about the partition tag as a test case for me about how to handle ambiguous tags.
The partition tag has been used on questions that
- Discuss disk partition issues
- Data base partition issues
- Hadoop partitioning isues
- Various splitting of data collections into smaller data collection issues
Each of these topics has its own set of subject matter experts, fun facts to know and tell and audiences. The [Partition] tag isn't really very useful as a filter since each of these topics has a good number of questions.
I think we need:
- A [disk-partition] tag,
- A [hadoop-partitioning] tag and
- A [data-partitioning] tag.
There already is a [database-partition] tag.