Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

(1,349 questions tagged)

Zooming is the act of enlarging something (a document, an image, a map) to view it in greater detail.

(277 questions tagged)

Zooming in graphical user interfaces is a facility that allows users to change the scale of the viewed area in order to see more detail or less. Often, there is a facility that allows the user to move the zoomed area with respect to the overall item being viewed.

(23 question tagged)

No tag wiki available.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by michaelb958, Martijn Pieters, doppelgreener, Robert Cartaino Sep 26 '14 at 15:08

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question pertains only to a specific site in the Stack Exchange Network. Questions on Meta Stack Exchange should pertain to our network or software that drives it as a whole, within the guidelines defined in the help center. You should ask this question on the meta site where your concern originated." – michaelb958, Martijn Pieters, doppelgreener, Robert Cartaino
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Not an expert, but I believe page-zoom refers quite specifically to the feature of some browsers whereby zoom isn't just an across-the-board visual enlargement, but something 'cleverer'. This is different from the concept of zooming in general. – AakashM Sep 27 '12 at 14:05