I was bored and spent couple of hours browsing the tags on SO. I found some tags that look like they need some help, most of them are synonym requests, but there are also some burninate requests or tag-wiki changes.
However, I am human and I bet some of these will be wrong, so each case should be properly analyzed.
Note: for the synonym-requests, the order of items in doesn't mean anything special (so each case must be reviewed to find a proper master tag).
(For easier navigation, I made this jsFiddle that displays a table with links and comments)
// means I opened a note
? means I have doubts
= means to synonymize (order NOT important)
- auto-indent = auto-indentation
- auto-update = autoupdate = automatic-updates
- admin = administrator //?
- alt = alt-attribute
- arguments = args //?
- ajax-request = ajax.request
- bold //the tag-wiki never suggests "bold" as boldder text
- brain //only one Q seems to not talk about our brains
- builtin //some Qs are meant to be "built-in"
- character = chars //?
- code-efficiency = coding-efficiency = performance
- code-readability = readability //?
- coding-horrors = anti-patterns //the tag "codinghorror" is NOT related
- col //cleanup for the ones that used it as "column" without any valid reason?, or turn them to "column"?
- colspan = columnspan
- combine = merge
- copy-paste = copy-and-paste
- days //burninate
- developer-tools = devtools
- die //ambiguity with the tag "dice"
- divide-by-zero = division-by-zero
- do-it-yourself //burninate
- evil //burninate (or merge with "anti-paterns")
- exe = .exe //maybe "executable" too?
- exporting = export
See also list of tags that differ only by pluralization and hyphenation (I have removed all my requests about those, and merged the missing ones to his list).