- vsx: 242
- vs-extensibility: 90
- extensibility:233 - many of these could be retagged if they are actually about vs-extensibility
- visual-studio-extensions 139 - this is not a synonym and has to do with finding, installing, and using extensions others have written - it needs a cleanup because it contains a lot of questions about writing and debugging extensions
- visual-studio-addins: 278 - this is an older style of extension. It should never appear with vsix - but it does. Sigh.
- add-in: 1138 - many of these could be retagged if they are actually about visual-studio-addins
- vsix: 132 - this could be combined with either vs-extensibility if you're trying to make a vsix, or visual-studio-extensions if you're trying to use one, but it doesn't really add much to the question to have it exist
- visual-studio-templates: 39 - another form of extensibility, this tag could be used either for writing them or using them
- itemtemplate - seems to be designed for UI item templates, both ASP.NET and WPF, but occasionally mixed with visual-studio-templates since Visual Studio templates come in Project and Item flavours
- project-template - as above
- wizard - generally useless meta tag with 444 questions. Any that relate to VSX should lose the tag imo.
- parameters - enormously useless meta tag with over 4000 questions probably any one of which is dying to be edited and improved
- vspackage: 94
- visual-studio-shell: 10
- visual-studio-sdk: 74
- envdte: 152 - this is an important library/namespace when writing both addins and extensions
These need some skill to retag. People are tagging stuff as add-ins when it's for VS2012, and as VSX when it's for 2008, and so on.
My specific request is for the synonym, but if anyone is inspired to write a tag wiki and do some retagging, that would be great too. These questions are fragmented across the tags and I think people are missing questions and answers that would help them.