Late yesterday I noticed several similar suggested edits by this user when reviewing the edit queue. Then again this morning I noticed a few more in the queue by the same user, so I started digging into his editing behavior a little bit more:
- It looks like he is massively editing (and bumping) old questions by just adding
code tagsto method names and class names under the iphone tag (and maybe others, I haven't checked everything)
- He rarely makes any other edits to the questions other than the code markup
- He has gained over 200 rep in just a week doing this and while I have only spot checked the questions, everything I have looked at is over a year old.
So I guess I am asking:
- Is this appropriate behavior? I have rejected several of his edits that have come up while I was reviewing as "too minor", but if it is considered appropriate, I might not be as quick to reject
- If it is not appropriate, other than letting him go until he hits the edit rep max of 1000, is there something that should be done?