I recently got access to review and I spent some time reviewing old posts. What is the best course of action if the post is straightforward, correct, but very simple (therefore not worthy of +1, especially if someone else already gave a much better/more complete answer). In other words:
- The answer is not good enough to be +1
- The answer is not bad enough to be -1
- The answer is basically correct (doesn't need editing)
- There is nothing "wrong" with the post so it shouldn't be flagged.
- The answer is too simple to have a constructive comment beyond "Please don't answer extremely old questions with accepted answers unless you have something to add!"
I may have answered my own question with point 5...