I use the RequestPolicy plugin for FireFox and noticed that the global inbox/notifications currently doesn't work (at least not here in Germany): It shows the new message indication, but the popup does not show. The reason seems to be some broken DNS: SX needs asks for access to the IP 188.8.131.52. If I enable access to that IP with RequestPolicy, the inbox works.
This is a temporary solution for websockets as part of the Oregon failover due to the hurricane that hit NYC.
We'll eventually start routing by a proper domain again, either when we return to our NY data center or after we've finished settling into Oregon.