I found a question on profanity filters a while ago. I've viewed it many times. Today, I flagged one answer as being effectively spam, yet in the time it took me to write an additionally useful answer, it was closed by a number of users as 'not constructive'...
How does one respond to such actions other than raise it here?
My points being:
- It's an entirely valid question
- It's a remarkably common question
- The subject remains valid through the passage of time
- It requires multiple points of reference and guidance
- There are very few guidance points on the web
- There are few canonical/generalised answers to this subject and which should be developed as consideration points for those wishing to pursue a solution
I don't consider my answer perfect by any means, but it comes from a great deal of experience in implementing such methods/features, which go against the reasons for closing a question (and one which had many up-voted answers already)