Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

There was an answer on this post: Applying different CSS class on click using jQuery that related to the old question before I edited the question.

It has a couple of up-votes and it seems I know from this FAQ I can't do anything to edit the answer, since the original author has that capability. I want people to understand that the answer in this particular post doesn't at all answer my question.

Is there a way I can notify someone this is the wrong answer and remove it? Or is there another alternative, like being able to vote down the question and having it removed that way, similar to this: Marking answer as 'not the answer'?

Any help is appreciated!

share|improve this question
Solution: don't edit your questions to make existing answers incorrect after they've been posted. Especially not 10 months later. FWIW, the community can suggest edits to answers. – Wooble Dec 5 '12 at 19:18
@Wooble I will definitely remember that for next time. I guess I thought there was some easy way to be able to get rid of the irrelevant answers. – Abriel Dec 5 '12 at 19:24
If it's your question, you can comment on any answer even with low rep. Leave a comment saying that the answer isn't right for the revised question. Alternately, rollback your question edit and ask a fresh question. – Kate Gregory Dec 5 '12 at 19:26
@KateGregory I've never heard of rolling back on a question edit. What and how do you do this? – Abriel Dec 5 '12 at 19:44
Click on the "edited by" link and you can change an edit back. See for more details. – Kate Gregory Dec 5 '12 at 19:47
@KateGregory Wooble if you look at the question's edit history, rolling back is almost certainly not a good idea in this instance. – mikeTheLiar Dec 5 '12 at 20:52
@KateGregory Okay, in this case, this isn't the best scenario. Thank you for the reply though. – Abriel Dec 5 '12 at 21:20

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .