I know I know. We've done this before.
- Consensus on taxonomy for Windows Phone, Windows 8, and things named Metro?
- Should the "metro" tag refer to a Java framework or Windows 8 technology?
- What should the tag for the new Windows 8 runtime be?
- Windows 8 and related tags need a little love
- Metro tags still a giant mess
- Sorting out tagging for WinRT (Windows Runtime) and Windows RT (Windows on ARM)
But someone has created windows-store-apps (434 questions and a tag wiki) when there is still microsoft-metro with 2544 questions. I know that when Metro was a thing, it was a thing that spanned UIs - phone, Windows 8, even websites and slide decks (heaven help me, especially slide decks) could be metro-y. But in terms of Stack Overflow questions it was mostly what we now call Windows Store apps.
So, synonyms? Tag cleanup? Clear direction in the wiki to help people choose? It once again needs a little love.
Update: it seems we also have windows-runtime as well.