Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

There's and there's . Both seem to be about the UI controls (at least according to the tag wiki).

While trying to correctly tag this question about labels in Java I found out that there seems to be no tag about labels in source code.

  • So which of those tags should stay around?
  • Which of those should be a synonym?
  • What's the correct tag to use for questions about labels in source code?
share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Martijn Pieters, nicael, gnat, Shadow Wizard, CRABOLO Oct 8 '14 at 23:29

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question pertains only to a specific site in the Stack Exchange Network. Questions on Meta Stack Exchange should pertain to our network or software that drives it as a whole, within the guidelines defined in the help center. You should ask this question on the meta site where your concern originated." – Martijn Pieters, nicael, gnat, Shadow Wizard, CRABOLO
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The class is Label, but I thought preference was to pluralize tags when possible... – Raven Dreamer Dec 18 '12 at 14:51
I'll be honest, I don't know that either tag is a legitimate tag. Does it refer to a class, a label on an HTML form, programmable label printers? There's not one, universal definition across all technologies (like say string). – casperOne Dec 18 '12 at 15:06
@JollyOldSaintNicholas: I don't disagree, but I'm careful with asking for burnintation these days. – Joachim Sauer Dec 18 '12 at 15:08
@JoachimSauer I would say don't worry about it at this point. I think it's known that we want community participation on this before something is nuked from orbit. And I think that message got across. – casperOne Dec 18 '12 at 15:09

Browse other questions tagged .