What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 150 Stack Exchange communities.

Possible Duplicate:
On which StackExchange site should I ask about buying items?

Can I ask such question in Stack Overflow?

I'm looking for a small ergonomic keyboard that is suitable to programming and preferably has the ctrl key on the usual caps lock place (to make vim shortcuts easier). However, I have been unable to find one, even though I did a thorough research on the internet.
So I need to know what other programmers with similar needs use.

Can I ask it on SO, or is there a better stack exchange site to ask this?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by hims056, Mat, kiamlaluno, Bo Persson, Caleb Dec 22 '12 at 11:14

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

Stack Overflow is not about hardware. I think Super User is the best place to ask hardware questions. However if it is a shopping question it will be off-topic all over the Stack Exchange network.

share|improve this answer
Shopping questions are off-topic all over Stack Exchange. –  Mat Dec 22 '12 at 10:00
@Mat Forgot, edited accordingly. –  N.N. Dec 22 '12 at 10:03
It is indeed kind of a shopping question, but on the other hand, I'm not looking for recommendations, but I just want to know if the described keyboard exist. –  Chiel Dec 22 '12 at 10:11
@Chiel92: FWIW, I use the Mac OS X keyboard prefs to switch my caps key to CTRL (System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard -> Modifier Keys). Standard features of OS X FTW! :-) –  Martijn Pieters Dec 22 '12 at 10:17
Currently, I also have it remapped on my ubuntu. But it'd be cool if it's already in the keyboard layout, since it'd work on any system by default. However, it's not a must-have. –  Chiel Dec 22 '12 at 10:22

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .